Monday, October 21, 2013

Trading Cards

The other day I went to the store and decided to pick up some trading cards. Why? Trading cards don't really do anything and I am probably never going to use these trading cards ever again. Well, what is the purpose of trading cards then? Baseball and other sport-type trading cards are a good way to see a player's stats and I've even seen my dad create imaginary baseball games by using his baseball trading cards. (He has A LOT). Other trading cards from game franchises (something like Pokemon) are a just a way for these companies to make even more money than they already do. These companies created a purpose for trading cards like these by having things like tournaments. Tournaments are when you use the cards to battle or something like that depending upon which trading cards you are talking about. Another thing you can do is trade cards with other people (you know, TRADING cards). If you have two of the same card, it's kind of obvious that you should trade one of them with someone else for a card that you don't already have. Since I don't collect baseball cards or go to any kind of tournament, why do I buy trading cards? Well, I like to collect merchandise from my favorite games and companies. Most of the trading cards I have are just because I want to collect them because I like the specific franchise. Trading cards are just another way for companies to make money, but in my opinion trading cards do look cool and I just like having them.

No comments:

Post a Comment